Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bergen County Zoo

We made the trip to this zoo mostly because of it's close proximity to our dentist's office.  I wasn't expecting much from this trip. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is such a lovely place to visit!  The zoo was not big, but had plenty to see. It was clean, neat and the animals looked happy. There is also quite a diversity of animals. The zoo had plenty of shade, which is important on a hot day. Right outside the zoo there was a huge playground.  They have a train, a carousel, and pony rides (my boys aren't much into those, they like the animals the most), they also have a butterfly pavilion, which I loved.  My kids are pretty jaded when it comes to places that we visit, and even they agreed that Bergen County Zoo was a great place.  It's been a while since we've gone there, and I have had requests for a return visit on multiple occasions!  And the price was good too, it's only $8.00 for adult and $5.00 for the kid, half of that if you're a Bergen County Resident.
Here is their website with all the information: http://www.co.bergen.nj.us/bcparks/zoo.aspx

Here are a few photos from our trip:



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment